We have a position available for an External Lighting Sales Consultant for an enthusiastic, driven, sales person, who is good with people, enjoys a challenge and works well in team environment and individually. This individual should have good selling skills be well spoken and have great negotiation skills, they must be flexible and a self starter.
• South African citizen with an ID, residing in Johannesburg.
• Matric (Preference will be given to a candidate with related tertiary education).
• Current, valid, legal South African drivers licence and own vehicle.
• Min 3 years proven lighting sales and marketing experience.
• Experience of dealing with architects, specifiers, and developers, and experience in tendering and estimating is advantageous.
• Computer literate with advanced Excel skills.
• Goal orientated, delivery driven, ability to meet and exceed set Sales Targets.
• Have integrity, accountability, be approachable, confidential and trustworthy
• Excellent time management, good judgement, proactive, quick to resolve issues and provide solutions
• Excellent sales and networking skills as well as presentation and communication skills
• Be reliable, presentable, and professional, and have excellent command of the English language
• Be self motivated, disciplined, enthusiastic and have the ability to work independently.
• Attention to detail and thrive in a fast paced, pressurised environment.
• Have initiative, be flexible, dynamic, a self starter, and a team player
• Have common sense, take pride in your work, have a positive attitude and be confident.
• Meet and exceed sales targets as set out by the Company monthly and annually.
• Effectively maintain excellent, strong, sustainable relationships with existing current clients, call on at least 6 clients per day, and cultivate an exceptional customer service experience with each one.
• Enthusiastically source and create new clients, at least 2 new clients per month, through meetings, visits, cold calling, referrals etc. in order to maximise sales opportunities at all times.
• Analyse the marketplace, design a market strategy based on product range with the Sales Manager, execute the strategy to ensure maximised sales.
• Report sales figures and SWOT analysis to Sales Manager daily and weekly.
• Procure and specify project sales and prepare lighting designs, then follow up regularly on projects.
• Ensure that your product knowledge is exemplary and up to date, that you present new products to clients and secure additional sales, and that you keep up to date with competitor offerings and market trends.
• Ensure that your Honeybee (or similar) time organisation system is updated faithfully in real time.
• Ensure that administration is completed and submitted accurately and effectively, (sales reports, catalogue distribution, etc.) by their due dates, or sooner.
• Develop product launch programs as well as formulation of customer days or product awareness campaigns together with the Sales Manager & Marketing Manager.
• Communicate important client feedback and market information to the Sales Manager.
• Ensure timeous callouts to investigate faulty units, and where necessary, facilitate returns in a cost effective manner.
• At all times provide clients with excellent service and support and ensure that customer enquiries are dealt with efficiently and timeously.
• Attend meetings where necessary and required, effectively and timeously process a high volume of emails, product orders, take phone calls from customers.
• Improve the overall profitability of the Company by reaching and exceeding sales targets monthly.
• Wear the Company Uniform with pride.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Set a personal example for yourself and others in areas of personal character, organisational skills, commitment and work habits etc.
• General duties and ad hoc tasks, projects and requests when required.
Salary: Market related, Comms, Car All, Cell All, Medical Aid contribution and Pension fund contribution. (Remuneration will be negotiable based on experience and skills).
If you meet the requirements above, please submit your CV, ID, Matric, Drivers Licence, last 3 payslips, and any additional certificates that you feel would add value to your application to email@example.com .
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
If you have not received a reply within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.