We are looking for a highly talented, detail orientated, dynamic, experienced and professional External Furniture Sales Consultant to join our team in Cape Town and Durban respectively. The External Furniture Sales Consultant is responsible for meeting and exceeding external sales targets, as well as organisational and administrative tasks to assist the Company to attain their core business profitability objectives. The External Furniture Sales Consultant reports to the Furniture Sales Manager.
• South African citizen with a South African ID, residing in Cape Town and Durban.
• Matric essential (Preference will be given to a candidate with related tertiary education).
• Current, valid, legal South African driver’s licence and reliable own vehicle.
• Passion for designer furniture.
• Proven furniture sales track record (at least 5+ years Sales experience) with designer
furniture knowledge and experience is necessary, must have a customer base and
relationship with interior designers and architects.
• Excellent negotiation, selling and deal closing skills including problem solving abilities.
• Proven sales track record and external sales experience of at least 3 years.
• Excellent communication skills in both English and Afrikaans at all levels.
• Highly computer literate, and exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically
• SYSPRO experience is advantageous.
• Exceptional attention to detail and can work efficiently and neatly in a fast paced
environment, as all tasks must be carried out to the highest standards.
Key Competencies - The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
• Improve the overall profitability of the Company by reaching and exceeding sales targets
• Establish, develop and maintain relationships with existing client base to optimise sales.
• Research, source and develop prospective new clients to generate new business and
• In person visits, creation & facilitation of presentations to existing & prospective clients.
• Develop clear and effective written quotations and proposals for current and prospective
• At all times ensure orders are processed and submitted accurately and efficiently by
effective product knowledge, utilising and referring to price lists and product literature.
• Resolve client queries accurately, responsibly and confidently.
• Follow up on orders, to ensure that client relationships are maintained at the appropriate
professional standard to ensure repeat business.
• General duties and ad hoc tasks, projects and requests when required.
Attributes and Behavioural Requirements:
• Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work accurately in a fast paced
environment to the highest standards.
• Excellent organisational ability, be goal orientated, have excellent time management skills.
• The Candidate should have good composure, be polite, well groomed, and presentable.
• The ability to be dynamic and thrive in a fast paced, delivery driven, pressurised
• Meet deadlines, quick turnaround times and execute last minute demands of the client.
• Integrity, good judgement, be a self-starter, quick to resolve issues and provide solutions.
• The candidate should be flexible, relating, networking, presentation and communication
• Have accountability, be honest, ethical, respectful, approachable, confidential and
• Be enthusiastic, a problem solving team player with a strong work ethic, and positive can-
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, and work with team
members to achieve collective goals, seek collaboration and build trust and confidence in
• Wear the Company Uniform with pride, and be a Brand Ambassador.
Salary: market related (negotiable depending on experience), Medical aid and Pension fund
Please submit your CV. ID. Matric, Drivers Licence last 3 payslips, and any additional certificates that you feel would add value to your application as soon as possible to email@example.com
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
If you have not received a reply within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.