We are looking for an amazing, driven, passionate Production Planner Inventory Controller (PPIC) for our Head Office in Johannesburg. The candidate must hard working, driven person with integrity to take care of the purchasing function with precision and passion. The candidate must enjoy a challenge and work well in team environment and individually. This individual should have exceptional selling and negotiation skills, have great command of the English language, be well spoken, presentable, be flexible and a self starter.
• South African citizen and ID, residing in Johannesburg.
• Valid Driver’s licence and reliable own vehicle.
• Matric with related level maths and accounting/bookkeeping. (Preference will be given to a candidate with related tertiary education).
• Highly computer literate, and exceptional advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel skills).
• Recent SYSPRO/ACCPAC knowledge and experience is essential
• Local and foreign purchasing experience is essential
• Lighting and electrical knowledge is preferential
• Have integrity and accountability, be approachable, confidential and trustworthy
• Excellent time management, good judgement, quick to resolve issues and provide solutions
• Relating and networking skills as well as presentation and communication skills
• Be reliable, presentable, and professional, and have excellent command of the English language
• Be self motivated, disciplined, and have the ability to work independently.
• Attention to detail and thrive in a fast paced delivery driven, and pressurised environment.
• Have initiative, be proactive, flexible, dynamic, a self starter, and a team player
• Have common sense, take pride in your work, have a positive attitude and be confident.
• Ethical, efficient and cost effective purchasing of required supplies within budgets, following the required purchasing procedures at all times.
• Creating, preparing and processing purchasing forms such as purchase orders where necessary.
• Verification of appropriate budget codes and availability of appropriate finance.
• Creation of codes, doing orders, transfers, adjustments, price changes, cancelations etc. on the system as and when required
• Researching and Sourcing items requested if not available from current suppliers and /or not ordered previously.
• Following up on orders, deliveries, issues and utilisation of problem solving skills, as and when required.
• Maintaining, creating, and developing appropriate sources of supplies. Ensuring creating and maintenance of good working relationships and co-operation with vendors for excellent facilitation of the purchasing function.
• Researching and staying current with technology and trends, products and services.
• Reconciliation of stores inventories.
• Accurate and efficient maintenance of complex central filing system.
• Drawing of reports i.e. Shortfall Report for Production (SRP) and Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) etc. as and when required and placing orders accordingly. Check forecasted requirements regularly and/or as and when required.
• Improving the overall profitability of the Company by ensuring the accurate, efficient and effective implementation of buying procedures for maximisation of productivity and cost cutting.
• Wear the Company Uniform with pride.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Set a personal example for yourself and others in areas of personal character, organisational skills, commitment and work habits etc.
• General duties and ad hoc tasks, projects and requests when required.
Salary: Market related. (Remuneration will be negotiable based on experience and skills).
If you meet the requirements above, please submit your CV, ID, Matric, Drivers Licence, last 3 payslips, and any additional certificates that you feel would add value to your application to email@example.com.
If you do not hear anything within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.